Translate

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mother

Role of mother in my life has been substantial. Life has come a full circle , when i have to dispense my duties as a mother to two growing boys. The pleasure and joy of being a mother is enormous. I am indebted to my children for giving me the joy of motherhood, watching them grow under my wings.



Amma with me and my brother
I was very fond of my mother. Once as a teenager while she combed my hair i raised a question "what will i do if you were not there ? Who will comb my hair for me ? ". Now i think, it must have seemed like my pleasure seeking concern, to my mother, for she evidently did not understand my pangs to make her realize my worry about her state of mind. i wanted her to understand the importance of her life in mine. But i failed. She passed away when i was eighteen. Very distant from the way she left us she was a super mother. She took care of all our needs in the form of making good food items for us, helping me with my studies and an immaculate house keeper. She was a creative person and made herself busy decorating the house with her craft works and tailoring dresses for everybody at home except for my dad. She suffered from terrible head aches but never let it affect her household chores. We never missed out on anything b'cos of her illness. She was a strong willed determined lady, proud, obstinate on many occasions which led to inimical encounters with once friendly aunties. She was a honourable woman in the eyes of many and had her sisters look upon her for help often. Many times it makes me wonder if only God had bestowed half of those good qualities on me...
Nisha aunty


Now i have my stepmother. Nisha aunty. She has always been kind to me. i can sense that effort in her to make up for that void that my mother had left behind. But disaster struck once again when she was diagnosed with cancer. She has coped up well and recovered from the terrible chemos. Life has turned to normal for all of us now. It is with utmost humility and faith that we lay our lives in the hands of the Almighty who turns the wheel...

I am a mother to two boys - Abijit and Abiram. Abijit is elder to Abiram by 2 and half years. They are two adorable boys. Both of them are shy guys outside home . I was pleasantly surprised to hear from Abiji's teacher that he is a chatter box in class... Abiram is the opposite of whatever Abijit is, in most matters including food, eating habits, studies and emotions.  
  

1 comment:

  1. Dr vineetha the words are your but I can feel them coming from inside of my heart .only now I understand the efforts n sacrifice s my mother made for me when I am raising 2 kids .Hats off 2 every mother in this world.

    ReplyDelete